Inspirational India - a Wander Women Journey, Winter 2021
Brochure Type: Special Interest Trips 2020
For women travellers in search of new experiences, this soul-enriching journey inspires you to discover the beauty of India in the company of other women travellers from around the world. Explore India's majestic forts, monuments and temples, its bustling bazaars filled with exquisite crafts, the beautiful landscapes and natural reserves, and above all else, the people and culture that make this place so special. On this journey, you'll appreciate the ancient traditions and modern innovations as we reveal India to you from the perspective of local people, including many inspiring women who are leaders in their communities.
- Delhi: Meet Masterji Kee Haveli, a passionate local foodie, for a walk through the streets of Old Delhi, where you'll witness some of the city's most famous street food some to life.
- Agra: Dine for lunch at the beautiful Laxmi Niwas Palace in Bharatpur.
- Jodhpur: Dine on local specialties at the niche Khaas Bagh restaurant, offering an ostentatious display of styles throughout India's time periods, from vintage and colonial to modern.
- Ranakpur: Enjoy an al fresco lunch served under a 300-year-old banyan tree at Mountbatten lodge, a unique boutique hotel in the wilderness.
- Udaipur: Toast to your travels over a Celebration Dinner with Bedla Family. This family has played a significant role in the affairs of the state over the past few centuries and has had the distinction of serving their cuisine to Queen Elizabeth, Jacqueline Kennedy and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of independent India.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Delhi: With Insight Choice, you can choose between two included experience. Gain insights into the craft of glass jewelry-making from a local artist. Alternatively, join an Abhyangam wellness experience, including a massage.
- Jaipur: Choose between a Bollywood dance class or a demonstration on hand painting - the art of 'Mehndi' with natural 'Henna' powders.
- Jaipur: Choose between an interesting walking tour of the old city of Jaipur or a visit to the Block Printing and Blue Pottery Workshop.
- Agra: Meet the women of Sheroes Hangout, an inspirational, one-of-a-kind women's cafe that employs and empowers acid attack survivors from various backgrounds.
- Chandelao: Vist the Sunder Rang arts and crafts project, an initiative launched on International Women's Day in 2007, where 20 local women work on a fair trade basis to produce beautiful Rajastani textiles and handicrafts that they sell both locally and abroad.
- Jaipur: Meet the inspiring, entrepreneurial and innovative ladies of Pink City Rickshaw, a company dedicated to bringing women out of poverty by training and employing them as local guides on city tours by rickshaw.
- Delhi: Visit a Sikh temple and its community kitchen, a place where volunteers prepare and serve vegetarian meals to local people, travelers and those in need.
- Jaipur: Join an expert yoga instructor for an early morning wellness experience. Gain an understanding of the different postures, breathing techniques and other activities during your yoga class.
- Jodhpur: Meet a local astrologer who will use her mystic skills to try and predict your future by studying the palm of your hand or the alignment of the stars based on your birthday.
- Jodhpur: Visit Seva Mandir, a not-for-profit organization that works to improve the material well-being of women and their communities by making them aware of their rights.
- Diwali: On select departure dates, you'll travel during Diwali, the famous Hindu festival of lights. Visit a local market to choose a traditional Indian dress to wear during the Diwali festival. The following evening, a local family welcomes you to join in on the festivities with a home-hosted meal based on traditional recipes.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Agra: Inside Agra's red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audiences halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, dressed in a traditional saree, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: Join your Travel Director who will show you the marvel of Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds.
- Jaipur: Visit the City Palace Museum that houses traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art as well as the royal observatory, built in 1726.
- Jaipur: Visit Mehrangarh Fort.
- Jaipur: Take a tuk tuk ride through the ancient streets and take in the sights and sounds of Sadar Market.
- Ranakpur: Visit the fortified Jain temple complex and meet the priest of the temple and attend an exclusive prayer ceremony.
- Udaipure: Visit the City Palace complex, a testimony to the Rajput passion for art and architecture.
- Udaipur: Cruise the serene waters of lake Pichola.
- Fly to Delhi: Board your short flight to Delhi.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
Call (630) 369-2995 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546164
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Welcome to India.: Welcome to India. On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport you will be greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your hotel. Traditional floral garland and aarti tikka welcome at the hotel too. This evening join your Travel Director for a welcome drink followed by dinner at a city restaurant. (Welcome dinner)|
Le Meridien, Delhi
|Day 2||Old Delhi||Exploring Old Delhi.: 'Master ji ki Haveli tour encapsulates the old-world charm of Delhi. It offers an opportunity to explore the culture, cuisine and heritage of Delhi. This personalized tour experience will give you a taste of famous Delhi street food, Indian culture and our rich heritage. An enthralling tour takes you through beautiful-narrow lanes of Delhi. Immerse yourself in the colour of this place while taking a walk either on foot or 'Rickshaw' (Pedi cab). The tour culminates at an elegant old mansion 'Master Ji Ki Haveli' built in typical ancient Indian architecture. Enjoy a sumptuous meal.' Afternoon visit a Sikh temple. Bangla Sahib, where you will experience a community kitchen cooking and serving at Bangla Sahib. The Community Kitchen at Bangla Sahib, also known as the institution of Guru ka Langar has served the community in many ways. It has ensured the participation of women and children in a task of service for mankind. Women play an important role in the preparation of meals, and the children help in serving food to the pangat. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Le Meridien, Delhi
|Day 3||New Delhi||Exploring New Delhi.: Morning sightseeing of New Delhi wander through the wide boulevards of New Delhi and drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House. Visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun, one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments in Delhi. Explore more with Insight Choice. Choose an afternoon jewellery experience with a female artist and help create your own glass jewellery to take home. Alternatively, enjoy an Abhyangam wellness experience, a relaxing introduction to Ayurveda with two therapists massaging in a synchronized manner. (Breakfast)|
Le Meridien, Delhi
|Day 4||Agra||Delhi to Agra.: Travel through the countryside to Agra. On arrival, witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you make your way to the Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone built in 16th century by Emperor Akbar and additions made to it until the rule of his grandson, Shah Jahan. Later check-in at the hotel. Evening visit 'Sheroes' (She heroes), one of its kind cafe in India. The 'Sheroes' here, are women who have fought to survive after receiving a debilitating blow to their appearance and self-esteem by some members of the society. These women are on the way to becoming true fighters, who have the courage to live, work and walk during the society and force the society to revaluate its norms about beauty and appearance. Unlike any other cafe or a general restaurant, this one is going to be solely run by the acid attack survivors. These acid attack survivors come from various backgrounds and diverse level of competences. While this project has various impact, the project has a model of a cafe / lounge because it promotes social integration as well. People from various sects of the society may come with a purpose of having food, snacks, leisure, reading books, shopping, etc. to Sheroes Hangout but at the same time they can also acknowledge the proximity of acid attack cases in India. (Breakfast / Afternoon Tea)|
Jaypee Palace Hotel Agra
|Day 5||Jaipur||Agra to Jaipur.: Morning visit Taj Mahal in a traditional Indian dress, a saree. Taj Mahal , simply, is beauty - not just in design and technique, but in desire and intent. It was built as a Monument to love, a manifestation of life's most powerful emotion. When his wife died unexpectedly, Emperor Shahjahan vowed to honour her with a memorial of unmatched beauty. He commissioned the world's best craftsmen and 20,000 workers to build this beautiful structure. The result stands before you today - a delicately carved, white marble jewel which seems to float on a sea of red limestone. Later drive to Jaipur, the stunning capital city of the state of Rajasthan. We stop at Laxmi Vilas Palace, Bharatpur for lunch. Arrive and check in at the hotel. Evening visit the local market. You will choose a traditional Indian dress, which you will be wearing during Diwali celebration. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
|Day 6||Jaipur||Jaipur, Diwali - The Spark of Celebration.: Morning proceed on a city tour of Jaipur. We will see the famous Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of the Winds. Next, visit the famous Jantar Mantar, the observatory constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II and the City Palace, now a museum housing a fabulous collection of Rajasthani and Mughal Art. Enjoy a Pink city Rickshaw ride, a unique innovative initiative of ACCESS Development Services, a not for profit organization and aims to provide a new aspirational employment opportunity to 200 women from low income households in Jaipur. Explore the secrets hidden in the walled city of Jaipur on these uniquely designed, eco-friendly e-rickshaw rides through the city. Driven by smart, enthusiastic and well-trained women, all from low-income households, this exciting ride by the Pink City Rickshaw Company offers the best sights and sounds of Jaipur while also providing a new source of income to these women. With a stylized collapsible canopy, ergonomically designed seats, mechanical improvements for greater safety, city maps, guidebooks, mobile phone charging station, and even a locker, the ride itself is a unique experience. Explore more with Insight Choice. Enjoy a demonstration on hand painting - the art of 'Mehndi' with natural 'Henna' powders or Enjoy Bollywood Dance Class. DiWali: The DIWALI festival is a symbol of happiness and prosperity and celebrated together with the people, therefore, this will not be an exclusive event for the group. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
|Day 7||Jaipur||The Pink City.: Early morning enjoy yoga session with female Yoga Guru and explore the deeper meaning of the postures, breathing and yogic activities. The word Yoga originated from a Sanskrit word 'Yog' meaning union. Yoga is a union of the organ systems in the body with the consciousness in the mind. It is a source to the full-rounded wellness of body. By matching the body and mind in perfect harmony, one can create and manifest our most fulfilling life possible. Breakfast at the hotel. Explore more with Insight Choice. An interesting walking tour of the Old city of Jaipur or Visit to Block Printing and Blue Pottery Workshop. Late afternoon enjoy a unique excursion as you ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, a superb example of Rajput architecture, with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake. Experience spirituality with a special blessing ceremony at Amber Fort. Visiting a Hindu temple and seeking a blessing from the Gods is a unique experience. Locals believe that it can help alter the flow of 'prana' or life energy in one's body, drawing awareness to deeper spiritual realms and, hence releasing more positive beliefs. It is a cherished moment and if done right, holds a deeply spiritual significance for many. Dinner at 1135 A.D. restaurant at Amber fort. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner )|
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
|Day 8||Jodhpur||Jaipur to Jodhpur.: Travel to the blue city of Jodhpur, an apt name as most houses in the old city are shades of blue. This is particularly noticeable on the north side of the town, known as Brahmpuri for the many Brahmins that live there. Jodhpur is characterised by forts, palaces, temples and a thriving handicrafts industry some of which we will discover on our visit. En route visit Sunder Rang arts and crafts project at village Chandelao. "Sunder Rang" means beautiful colors in Hindi; it symbolizes the colourful clothes of the women and the bright turbans of the men along with the richness in culture, crafts, people and traditions in Rajasthan. The Sunder Rang arts and crafts project was started on International Women's Day in 2007. An average of 20 women work at the centre, producing traditional Rajasthani textiles and handicrafts items for both local and export markets. Sunder Rang was started to support the local craft skills to develop high quality products with unique Rajasthani designs and to create a sustainable source of income for the artisans. The project is run on a "fair trade" basis - paying the artisans a good daily wage for their work, caring about the environment and empowering the women in many ways. The earnings help the women generate income and provide for necessities. This community development project focuses on providing specific training, capacity building and local jobs linked with arts and crafts. Enjoy lunch at Chandelao Garh. Continue drive to Jodhpur. On arrival, check-in at hotel. Evening walk through Jodhpur's main market also known as clock tower market, bustling with vendors, shoppers, people and all kinds of vehicles give you a hands down experience of the everyday life in this city. Dive into the display of colours ranging chaos and amazingly an organised harmony. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 9||Jodhpur||Jodhpur.: Morning visit a Bishnoi village. The Bishnois, who have protected nature for more than 500 years and are responsible for the very survival of species like the Black Buck antelope (India's most beautiful antelope and a rare and protected species today). Afternoon visit Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada. Perched on a 150 m high hill its sprawl, Mehrangarh is the most formidable and magnificent fort in Rajasthan. The Jaswant Thada is an architectural landmark located in Jodhpur. It is a white marble memorial built by Sardar Singh in 1899 in memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. Meet a Women astrologer. The term astrologer has its origins in Middle English, translating from the Latin 'astrologia', the Greek for star, 'Astron', and the Old French word astrologie. Tonight, a highlight dinner at Khaas Bagh. Club Bon Voyage at the dinner time. Inspired by the Imperial legacy of the erstwhile era, Khaas Bagh is a rich tribute to the legendary lifestyle of Princely India. A niche restaurant which is complemented by handpicked memorabilia of the 'Raj Period' that include a fleet of dazzling Vintage Cars. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 10||Udaipur||Jodhpur, Ranakpur and Udaipur.: Travel to Ranakpur and explore the elaborate carvings and classic architecture of the Jain Temples. Meet the priest of the temple and attend an exclusive prayer ceremony. Enjoy al fresco lunch served under a 300-year-old banyan tree at Mountbatten lodge. This is a unique boutique hotel in the wilderness. Continue drive to Udaipur, the city founded in 1559 and is set around a series of artificial lakes and is known for its lavish royal residences. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Taj Aravali Resort & Spa, Udaipur
|Day 11||Udaipur||Explore Udaipur.: Udaipur was founded in 1559 and is set around a series of artificial lakes and is known for its lavish royal residences. Explore the City Palace complex and wander through the markets and bazaars to visit the Jagdish Temple, as well as the Garden of the Maids of the Honour. Visit the Seva Mandir Organization, an NGO which helps in natural resource development and health and women's empowerment. It works towards not only to improve their material well-being, but to build stronger and more ethical communities. Later enjoy a walk through the bazaars of Udaipur to see the vegetable, spice, textile markets etc. This evening cruise the serene waters of lake Pichola. Enjoy a special Celebration dinner with Bedla family. The Bedla family has had the distinction of serving their cuisine to Queen Elizabeth, Jacqueline Kennedy and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru the first prime minister of independent India. As the premier "Jagirdars" the Bedla Family has played a significant role in the affairs of the state over the past few centuries. Such was the faith of the Maharana that the Bedla's served as Prime Ministers, Valued Advisors and official hosts to all the dignitaries visiting Mewar as honoured state guests. Having to host illustrious foreign and Indian dignitaries, allowed the Bedla's to become excellent in entertainment and food as a mere norm and the official functions at the Bedla palace became famous. Over the years they refined and improved their entertainment activities leading to tables groaning under the weight of superb culinary delights. Their cuisine kept on evolving; keeping intact the basic distinctive authenticity coupled imagination and innovation. Today they offer a wonderful opportunity to meet the family, hear some of their fascinating stories whilst offering a vast number of culinary delights comprising of authentic hereditary recipes inherited over two centuries from the kitchens of the House of Bedla. A wonderful, fun, informative and highly entertaining experience! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Taj Aravali Resort & Spa, Udaipur
|Day 12||Delhi||Leave Udaipur for Delhi.: Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before your transfer to Udaipur airport. The approx. arrival time Delhi's International airport would be 16:30 hrs from Udaipur. Therefore, please do not schedule your departure flight before 21:00 hrs from Delhi, as these arrival timing can be changed due to any delay. Reporting time for international flight is 03 hrs and for domestic flights is 02 hrs before the flight departure time. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class